Tuesday 22 March 2016

Soft Sunshine in Waning Rain

I confess I don't know her much,
To talk about love and such.
But these meshes in the head are new,
as are all the signs coming true.

I fear my thickened skin,
as faded signs begin to show.
Once a freed heart I had within,
now to a doubt it's been sold.

Carry on soft sunshine...
You might be frayed, but bright...
Weave me your quiet charm..
and carry me through the night...

When feelings are like words
that I wish I could take back.
Such quiet, her fingers worked,
through the insides of my mind.

Tunes that keep me straying,
words curled up into songs,
do I hear them right?
Or are they all quite wrong.

Carry on waning rain,
You are my soft comfort
All the sweet quiet charm...
singing lullabies into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu